Introducing the Jaquet Droz 18k Rose Gold Automata “The Bird” Minute Repeater Limited to 8 Pieces:
Matthew Green Jewelers is proud to offer this once in a lifetime acquisition of the only unworn Jaquet Droz 18k Rose Gold Automata available in the secondary market. This 18MM thick wristwatch measures in at 47MM in diameter housing the RMA Caliber minute repeater in it’s substantial high polish 18k rose gold case. The Jaquet Droz Caliber RMA88, beats at 18,000 vph, composed out of 508 parts, contains 69 Jewels & has an approximate power reserve of 48 hours. This model has been produced in 8 unique designs, some of which retail in the $600,000 price range. All unique in their own personalized hand enamel painted design. Impressive to say the least! This is one of those watches that really takes your breath away. Swiss made enters a new level of quality & attention to detail when you get this timepiece under the loupe. The crown jewel of any master collection.
|Jaquet Droz RMA88, minute repeater, hand-winding mechanical movement, single barrel
|Off-centered hours and minutes
|18-karat red gold case and applied ring Diameter Ø 47.5 mm Height 18.93 mm Individual limited serial number engraved on the case-back
|18-karat red gold dial Hand-engraved and hand-painted, mother-of-pearl subdial. Hand-engraved and hand-painted 18-karat gold birds
|18-karat red gold
|Rolled-edge hand-made brown alligator leather strap with brown alligator leather lining
|Prestige 18-carat red gold folding buckle
- Case: 47MM Solid 18kt polished rose gold
- Hand engraved serial number & Jaquet Droz signature on caseback
- Caseback features a sapphire caseback displaying the RAM88 69 Jeweler JD Caliber movement
- Custom enamel hand painted river scene with blue bird egg automata which motions when hatching with parents beside motioning toward hatching egg with worm
- Solid 18kt rose gold dial
- Completely hand engraved background scenery
- Polished rose gold hands on white mother of pearl dial
- Solid 18kt rose gold hand engraved birds, nest, chicks & egg.
- Minute Repeater complication with activating lever on the left side case edge.
- When the minute repeater is activated:
- The left bird leans over to feed the chick at its feet.
- The right side chic rises a little in anticipation for its feeding.
- The egg hatches reveling a hatchling chick with its beak wide open.
- The right side bird spreads its wings & bobs its head.
- All the while a “waterfall” image in form of a disc keeps on cascading (located above the left bird).
- If you’d like the opportunity to own this priced minute repeater contact Sales@MatthewGreenJewelers for information.